BA welcomes seven new members
The Bicycle Association is delighted to welcome no fewer than seven new member companies who have joined in recent months:
- E-bikesDirect is a major online e-bike specialist with its HQ in Bodiam, East Sussex. The company was founded in 2005, and they say “Our company has been built on the solid foundations of an unprecedented knowledge and understanding of the advantages, use and quality of electric bikes”.
- Dashel produces designer cycle helmets, made sustainably in the UK with a unique look and style as well as being, light, safe and comfortable. They say “The first factory we worked with is in Cornwall … we now manufacture in Devon, Leicestershire and Northern Ireland too.”
- TheRiderFirm designs and distributes brands including Hunt bike wheels, Privateer bikes and Cairn Cycles. They say “We love to talk bikes and riding. Please speak to us or come and visit us at our Partridge Green HQ, bring your bike! We have the Sussex lanes and South Downs on our doorstep.”
- The Bicycle Society is a multiple award winning organisation founded in 2013. They say “We developed Biking Schools and Biking Schools Partnerships, putting a cycling coach in a school one day a week, enabling everyone to cycle more though exhilarating coaching sessions during the school day and after school. The results have been phenomenal at getting more children and families on bikes and very, very good at riding.”
- Mango Bikes specialises in singlespeed and fixie bikes, parts, clothing and accessories, based in Ballyclare, Northern Ireland. “These days we have a skilled team of riders, designers, and practical people who carry tools in their pockets all working harmoniously together … The upshot is that we’re now making brilliant bikes right here in the UK and selling them direct to regular people.”
- Brick Lanes Bikes in Bethnal Green, London, is a fixed and vintage Mecca, with its own BLB brand of bicycle parts and frames, and associated “BLB Bigmama” distribution company. They say “Our hub, our base and our heart is in the streets of east London, out of which we are set to supply a taste of London’s style to cycling enthusiasts worldwide!”
- World Bikes Ltd (no website) is owned by David Warner, who has 25+ years in the cycle industry. He says “World Bikes has been a major supplier to UK importers & retailers for over 20 years”.