UK cycle parking standard – draft consultation opens
March 23, 2021
The draft text of a new UK cycle parking standard is now available for stakeholder comment.
The standard is intended to enable people purchasing, installing and managing cycle parking equipment to
procure products and installations which are:
- Easy to use (including consideration of disabled people and inclusion generally)
- Safe (for users and their cycles)
- Secure (by enabling secure locking)
- Long lasting (corrosion resistant, etc.)
- Fully in compliance with UK legal requirements.
As previously noted, the standard is being developed by consultants led by Adrian Lord of PJA, on behalf of the Bicycle Association and the DfT-funded Cycle Rail Working Group (managed by Sustrans).
To request a copy of the latest draft, please contact Adrian Lord on: email@example.com. Feedback and comments are requested by the 6th April 2021.
A final stakeholder video conference workshop session will then take place from 10AM on the 20th April 2021 – please email Adrian Lord as above if you wish to participate.
The guidance will then be finalised and officially launched in May.